I was one of the Mommy Bloggers PH that was invited to attend The Crafter’s Marketplace Workshop. I was excited and curios at the same time because I never been to any kind of workshop like this before.
I also bought my daughter with me because she loves clay. She was excited when I told her that we were going to attend a workshop about clay.
The Workshop was about Polymer Clay and our instructor was Ms. Melody. She started doing crafts since 2010. Ms. Melody taught us through a live demonstration. She was so generous to share her talents and knowledge to us.
Before we start, Ms. Melody introduced to us different kinds of clay. This is the first time I learned that there are different kinds of clay. Thanks to her.
- 4 to 6 colors of polymer clay.
- A pasta making machine or rolling pin.
- Blade for cutting.
- Tile as cutting board.
- Make sure that you prepare all the needed materials.
- Make sure to clean your hands first before switching to one clay to another.
How to make a flower made of clay:
- Slice the clay into thin strips to easily flatten the clay.
- Flatten the clay using a rolling pin until tender. Or you may use a pasta machine for an easier and quicker way.
- Once soft and elastic, cut a larger piece the flatten it for your base.
- Cut a small piece one by one and form a log. Using a toothpick, gently fold the other side forming a semi rosebud.
- Lay the petals one by one on your base.
- Put the finished product on a try and then bake it for 15 minutes.
The workshop took 3 hours because everyone of us wanted to have a perfect finished product. Lol. Honestly speaking, I do learned a lot from this workshop plus I do enjoyed playing with clay!
A photo op with my co-mommy bloggers who attended the workshop together with our instructor Ms. Melody and Ms. Alma while waiting for finished products to be baked.
Beside from workshop, they also have a store where they sell a clay made earring, necklace and many more! Honestly speaking, when I saw it, I can’t imagine that it was made of clay.
Looking for an activity this summer for your kids? Enroll them at The Crafters Marketplace Kiddie Art Camp! Let them discover their creativity.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)