The rainy season has officially begun – but if you think you’ll be singing in the rain, think again. Unlike the typically carefree days of summer, monsoon season in the tropics can be a little tougher. It’s typhoon season, after all. So, as the weather shifts from scorching to damp, you can definitely expect it to take a toll on your body.
Here are some simple ways to make sure that you stay in peak health despite the unpredictable tropical climate:
Do be careful when eating greens
During the rainy seasons, the ground is constantly damp because of the rain; and this means leafy veggies are more susceptible to germs. Make sure your favorite salad staples are properly washed and cooked well.
Don’t give in to fried food cravings
As much as you’d like to indulge in your favorite deep-fried comfort food, keep in mind that humid monsoon weather can cause your digestive system to slow down. This could lead to conditions like stomach bloating and discomfort.
Do stock up on essential vitamins and nutrients that will help you stave off cold and flu during this season
During the rainy season, focus on tapping into the benefits of Vitamin C, typically found in citrus fruits like oranges – a fruit that contains antioxidants that boosts the immune system, slow down the ageing process and helps maintain a good balance diet.
Don’t give in and skip workout days
On rainy days, when its so tempting to simply curl up in bed and sleep the day away, try your best to maintain the exercise regime and sweat it out instead to keep you healthy and full of energy.
Do raise your level of consciousness when it comes to hygiene
Rainy season is known for breeding bacteria and viruses so make sure that you wash your hands often, especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors in the city. Avoid clogged gutters, puddles, and protect yourself from the elements with an umbrella or raincoat.
As a general rule, keeping yourself hydrated, eating healthy, and getting regular exercise are keys to making sure that you stay healthy through the rainy seasons. Get yourself started on the road to wellness despite the whether by stocking up on Aussie Oranges – a known source of Vitamins C packed with valuable antioxidants that can help boots your immune system and keep you healthy despite the fickle weather. Whether you prefer to peel or slice, live a healthier you and #GoAussieOrangesNow.
10 Reasons Why You Should #GoAussieOrangesNow:
- Aussie Oranges are extremely rich in Antioxidants.
- They’re full of Flavonoids that fight off cancer and heart disease.
- They’re high in Vitamin C.
- They have naturally high-water content to help you stay hydrated.
- Reduced risk of stroke by 5-6 times versus any fruit or vegetable.
- Low fat, nutrient dense food against overweight and obesity.
- Contains baby friendly folate for a healthy pregnancy.
- Dietary Fiber that keeps our insides healthy and improve blood cholesterol.
- They are made up potent bundle f heart-healthy nutrients.
- Yummy, refreshing super fruit helps you maintain a healthy immune system.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)