I’m falling out of love.
I used to wait for you. Days would go by before I got a text or a hello, but I was so elated to finally hear from you that I ignored all the signs. I forgot that I deserve better. I forgot that I actually need someone who’s going to uplift and adore me, worship me, love me completely, just as I loved you. But I’ll never get that from you. I’ll never get the sweet note or that hug or the awkward hand holding. I’ll never be able to hold you again, to kiss you and run my fingers along your collar bone; you’re simply too cruel. I can’t deal with the insensitivity and the cutting jokes. I can’t deal with the degrading behavior you’re so trapped in.
You’re sorry? Well that’s wonderful, but I don’t want apologies. I want a change in behavior, a change in character, and I’m not going to ask that of you because I know you too well. This is who you are, this is how you are, and I’m not supposed to try and change that. I’m accepting you as You, and moving on.
— I guess some relationships are better left alone and unrepaired because a lot of people in this world are completely negative and selfish and don’t deserve our love.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)