Being a mother is no easy task especially if you are a single mom like me with a two year old daughter. Sometimes, it can get too overwhelming, especially because she is in her early childhood years. I want my daughter to keep protected from everything but I also want to make sure that she also experience an amazing childhood.
The event was hosted by Bettinna Carlos who also have a 5 year old daughter.
There are lot of ways we can protect our children, and one of the best ways to properly do it is to stat from the inside. How can we protect them from the inside? By giving them proper nutrition.
We are lucky enough because Dr. Agnes Calleja shared some tips on making the right food choices for our children.
Fruits and vegetables are good source of vitamins and minerals that benefit children in many ways. Aside from improved nutrition, these nutrient-dense foods also build up their immune system, prevent the risk of obesity, and promote healthy bowel patterns. However, most kids today are picky eaters. They constantly ask for sweets, eat fewer vegetables, and request for the same food over and over again.
Here are some tips to help increase their fruit and veggie consumption:
- Make meal times more colorful by mixing green, leafy vegetables with bright-colored ones like carrots and squash. You can also portion it in such a way that there are more fruits into the mix for that added sweetness.
- Keep children away from the TV during meal times and always have them eat on the table to limit distractions and promote good eating manners.
- Be a positive role model and eat healthy food together as a family as kids at a young age are still most likely to copy what they see others do.
- Teach kids healthy food choices by bringing them to the grocery and explaining the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables in a manner they will appreciate.
- Involve them in the kitchen and show them how to prepare quick healthy snacks, so they won’t turn to chips and sweets when they get hungry.
Protection for Laking Amazing Kids
The ability of children to ward off sickness and disease is also very reliant on the health of their stomach where bacteria resides. When people think of bacteria, they often think of its negatively. But the truth is, not all bacteria are bad. There are good bacteria and bad bacteria, and whenever there are too much bad bacteria in the tummy, the stomach system is thrown off balance, leaving children weak and vulnerable.
Ensure that your kids are healthy and protected from within at all times with NIDO 3+. Specially developed by the best of Nestle Research, Nido 3+ is the only milk brand with Lactobacillus PROTECTUS, which are millions and millions of live good bacteria that constantly guard to maintain stomach balance and help strengthen the immune system.
Aside from Lactobacillus PROTECTUS, Nido 3+ also contains other essentials nutrients such as Prebio 3, DHA, ALA, LA, Folic Acid, Taurine, and high levels of vitamins A, B3, C, D, E and Zinc to support overall grown and development.
For kids 5 and up, there is NIDO 5+, enriched with CALCI-N to help build healthy bones by providing better calcium absorption.
To know more about proper nutrition and protection for kids above 3 years of age, avail of the free consultations with Nid0 3+ and Nido 5+ licensed nutritionist in selected groceries and supermarkets nationwide starting February 2016. For more details, visit www.lakingamzing.ph.