Take a second and think about the one thing that promotes attraction the most. I’ll give you a hint. The answer is not physical looks, wealth, having things in common, or even the person’s personality. I know, it’s crazy right? The answer is actually proximity.
Study after study finds that most people tend to become attracted to people who are physically close to them. The theory is called the mere exposure effect, and it states that we tend to become attracted to a novel stimuli if it was repeated over and over again. I am sure you once saw a very attractive person who caught your attention while passing by your car, then you never saw him/her again. Why do most people forget about that very attractive person a few days later? Simply because they never see that person again. If the stimuli wasn’t reinforced we tend to forget about it even if we liked it. It really is true. Just talking to someone a lot can do so much. You may not even see it coming. But If you spend a considerable amount of time with someone, you could be friends one day, and before you know it, you’ve completely fallen head over heals in love with each other. Maybe this has happened to you. You can’t fight it, but why would you want to? It’s a beautiful thing, really.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)