The Importance of Ascorbic Acid
Ascorbic Acid also knows as Vitamin C plays a crucial role in maintaining optimal health. It is often present in multivitamin supplements and abundant in many fruits and vegetables such as strawberries, oranges and orange juice, grapefruit and grapefruit juice, kiwi fruit, cantaloupe, red and green peppers, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and tomato juice.
As a mother, I want my daughter to be healthy and I don’t want her to become sick that is why I make sure that she takes Vitamin C to help boost her immune system. A good example of Vitamin C is Cecon Ascorbic Acid.
- 500 mg chewable tablet (Box of 15 tablets in foil strips)
- 500 mg chewable tablet (Box of 100 tablets in foil strips)
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin and it is needed for normal growth and development. Because vitamin C is a water soluble-vitamin, your body needs a continuous daily supply of it. The Institute of Medicine notes that recommended dietary allowances, or RDAs, for vitamin C are 90 milligrams daily for men, 75 milligrams for women, 85 milligrams during pregnancy, and 120 milligrams of vitamin C each day for breastfeeding women.
Make sure that your kids takes the right amount of Vitamin C that they need.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)