Tresses in Distress? Tips To Repair Damaged Hair
Repeated bleaching, dyeing, perming and straightening causes hair to become dull and lose its luster. Here are some tips to prevent damage and keep your hair looking beautiful year-round:
* Moisturize. If you have long hair, leave-in conditioner can help keep your tresses full of life. Cold weather in particular can disrupt the moisture balance of the scalp, so make sure to use conditioner in the winter months.
* Give your hair the spa treatment. When it comes to restorative, indulgent beauty masques, why should your skin have all the fun? Give your locks a luxurious therapeutic spa treatment with a hair masque that is perfect for tresses in distress as well as healthy hair that just needs an occasional pick-me-up.
For example, Nature’s Gate offers new deep-conditioning hair masques made with nourishing proteins and organic botanicals. The masques come in chamomile for color-treated hair; jojoba to revitalize damaged hair; aloe vera to moisturize normal to dry hair; and herbal, a hydrating masque for all hair types. For the best results, leave the hair masque on for two to five minutes after shampooing.
* Steer clear of heat. Use styling products such as curling irons and hot rollers sparingly. If you use a hair dryer, set it to the coolest setting possible and do not concentrate the heat on one area of the scalp for a long period of time.
* Protect your hair from the sun. Just like your skin, your hair can become sun-damaged. Wear a hat or apply a conditioner that contains sunscreen to block out damaging ultraviolet rays.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)