Trouble Shooting Residential Tanning Beds
A residential tanning bed is often purchased by individuals who want to have a tan without bothering to dress up and go to a tanning salon. A tanning bed at home makes it more convenient for a person to get that wonderful tan. But a residential tanning bed also means additional responsibility for the owner. Technology is never perfect, like the humans who use them. Thus, the home tanning bed may be subject to several problems. Fortunately, the owner of such tanning bed need not call a technician every time something goes wrong with it. Here is a guide that will be useful for the owner of a residential tanning bed.
If the bed refuses to start or to turn on, there could be four possible reasons:
1. There is no power supplied to the bed
2. There is a bad relay
3. There is a loose at the relay
4. There is a loose wire at the dial timer
The owner must inspect the plug and the breaker to make sure that there is power going to the bed. If the relay is bad, then there is no other way to fix the bed but to replace the relay. As for loose wires, all the owner has to do is to tighten the loose connection.
If the lamps don’t light up, there are five possible causes:
1. Malfunctioning lamps
2. Malfunctioning ballast
3. Malfunctioning lamp holder
4. Malfunctioning starter
5. A loose wire at the ballast, or at the lamp holder or at the terminal
For any malfunctioning part of the tanning bed, the owner will need to replace it. The owner should not attempt to fix it by himself. For the loose wire, the owner may just tighten the loose connection.
If the bench lamps will not light up, the cause could be any of these:
1. The bench is not plugged into the canopy
2. A loose wire in the connector between the bench and the canopy
3. The wire in the bench-to-canopy connector may be burnt
The owner must check if the bench is securely plugged into the canopy. If not, he should correct the situation. The loose wire needed only a tightening. But if the wire is burnt, the owner must retrieve some electrical tools so that he can strip the wire and replace the connector.
If the lamps do not work well but the fans are working fine, there are only two things to check:
1. The relay
2. The wire either at the terminal block or the relay
The owner must check whether the relay is malfunctioning or not. If it is not working properly, this relay should be replaced. Any loose wire at the terminal block or at the relay can be corrected by tightening the connection.
For other tanning bed troubles, it is best that the owner consults the technician of the tanning bed supplier.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)