They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and a way to my heart is to my stomach also. Hahaha! With all honesty, I don’t know how to cook before and I just started to study some recipe few months ago with the help of my aunt. Thanks to her!
Few weeks ago, I received a gift pack from Uni-Pak. And since I’ve been craving for a soup, I decided to cook Sotanghon with Uni-Pak Mackerel. This was my first time to cook something like this.
- 1 can of 425g Uni-Pk Mackerel in Natural Oil, drained (set aside the broth).
- You can cut the mackerel into chunks or flakes (as desired).
- Sotanghon noodles
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. onion, minced
- 1 Cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- 2 cups of water
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Saute garlic and onion in oil. Add mackerel.
- Pour the mackerel broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add sotanghon noodles, cabbage and carrots.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add pepper and salt and simmer for another minute.
Mackerel is one of the most recommended oily fish because it is rich in nutrients such as Omega-3 and Omega-fatty acid, vitamins, calcium, iron, Coenzyme Q10 and more. Mackerel fish is low in contaminants because they feed low on the food chain, which means they are low in mercury and other environmental contaminants like polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs) and dioxins.
hindi basta nakasanayan, the best na yan. Unipak Mackerel is made of high-quality fish so you can be sure it is healthy and beneficial to your health, kaya basta Mackerel, dapat tatak Unipak!
And here’s the giveaway for you guys! Uni-Pak is very generous to give a Uni-Pak gift pack to one of my lucky readers! Simply enter the contest through the Rafflecopter below and follow the instructions to gain points. Giveaway is open to Philippines residents only and will run from October 4-22, 2017.
Uni-Pak Mackarel is a brand owned by the SLORD DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, a manufacturer of canned goods that has been in the business of import, export, retail, distribution, and manufacturing since April 15, 1985.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)