Hotel Sogo’s “New Normal”
Most of us still waiting for things to go “back to normal”, sooner or later it’s becoming increasingly clear to many of us that the world will not be the same once COVID-19 passes – whenever that may be. COVID-19 has a big impact with everything and everyone and we need to accept the fact that what we have now is what we call the “new normal” and move on with our life.
Hotel Sogo, the leading hotel chain in the Philippines is now ready to leap into the new normal as part of its So Clean, So Good, So Safe campaign under the Sogo Safe Program that aims to secure the safety of its employees and guests.
Hotel Sogo continuously implements precautionary measures such as temperature checking upon entering the hotel, placement of alcohol and hand sanitizers in common areas and information dissemination on COVID-19 since December 2019. Enhanced cleaning and sanitation are also been applied in all its branches.
Corporate Social Responsibility (Sogo Cares Program)
Hotel Sogo is the first to provide free room accommodations that served as temporary shelter to healthcare workers and frontliners. A total of P80-million worth of donation or more than 800 room accommodations were given to healthcare workers, OFWs, and seafarers repatriates for free. This is in coordination with 10 city mayors and 31 hospitals in the country.
New Normal Features At the Hotel
- Uniforms of the hotel staff are redesigned to incorporate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Temperature screening and disinfection mats upon entering the hotel.
- Social distancing in front desk.
- Installation of protective acrylic glass panel in front desk.
- Social distancing with markers and limit of persons in elevators.
- Hand Sanitizers in common areas. Contactless hotel features (doors and elevators).
- UVC light treatment is also modified in elevator consoles, door handles, keycard cases, cash register and food preparation
- Use of UVC disinfection light array cart in cleaning and disinfection of rooms and bathrooms.
- Studies show that the use of UVC, with wavelengths between 200 and 270 nanometre (nm), can kill microbes, germs, bacteria and viruses. This has been adopted since use of UVC is done in recent years and is also used in disinfecting hospitals as UVC kills pathogens and microorganisms.
- Constant disinfection in all amenities is also implemented.
- No-contact facilities from lobby doors to toilet fixtures thru installing foot door opener and foot-controlled dispenser.
- Hotel Sogo has created newly designed giveaways for the guests such as no contact keys and sanitizers. No-contact key serves as a tool in touching common objects like door handles, elevator buttons, and ATMs.
- Hotel Sogo Mobile app is also up for contact tracing.
New Normal Features At Corporate Office
- Temperature checks upon entering the office.
- Hand sanitizers in common areas.
- Limit to number of people using the elevator.
- Social distancing in workplace and in crowded areas like canteen.
- Provision of multivitamins to employees.
Hotel Sogo New Normal Playbook a compilation of new designs, facilities, policies, procedures, organizational setups and process flows to ensure the safety and well-being of the public, in preparation for the lifting of the ECQ.
For inquiries and other updates, check out Hotel Sogo’s Social Media Accounts: