Shopwise A Mother’s Day Treat
Mothers and mother-figures are incomparable. They may be the first people we ever know when we enter the world, and they love and care for us as we grow up. Once a year, countries around the world celebrate Mother’s Day; a day dedicated to all mothers, so that we can show our appreciation.
Last May 12, 2018, I was one of the Mommy Blogger who was invited to the Shopwise A Mother’s Day Treat at Shopwise Alabang. It was An afternoon of fun-filled as Shopwise prepared activities like Cooking Lesson, Wine 101 and Wine Show.
The first activity was the cooking lesson by Chef Jee Mingoa. Chef Jee is the seasoned Chef of Alchemy Bar and Bistro. He is expert in French Western and Mediterranean cuisine. He prepared and teaches us two dishes, Pan-Fried Fish Fillet with Caper Tomato and Creamy Beef Paprikash.
- Season the fish fillet with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fish on both sides and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Place the fish in the pan and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- Plate the fish on hot dinner plate.
- Place the pan over moderate heat.
- Add butter.
- Add onions, garlic and capers. Saute until soft.
- Add wine and reduce.
- Add the cherry on top of the fish and serve with lemon wedge.
- Cut beef lengthwise into thin stripes 2 inches wide.
- Toss the meat with paprika, salt and pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes of longer.
- Place the pan over medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- Brown the beef on both sides.
- Remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Heat additional oil in the pan saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Add paparika.
- Add the wine and reduce.
- Add stock and bayleaf; stir well.
- Bring to boil and simmer.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Stir in cream.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Discard bayleaf.
- Serve over noodles and garnish with parsley.
The next activity was Wine Show with Mr. Joseph Apostol. He is the President of Philippine Wine Flairing. He teaches us how to make three different kind of drinks with wine, Blossom Mom, Citrus Sunshine and Mamito El Mojito.
Wine Lesson 101
Last but not least, a Wine Lesson 101 was made by Mr. Mattia Mauri. A hailing from Italy and a wine expert that started learning about wine right after school in Europe this year to further develop his skills and knowledge. His specialty are Italian and Australian win and he represents a certain number of Australian wines being sold at Shopwise among which the top selling Beach Hut, Chain of Fire and Lakefield brands.
Thank you so much, Shopwise for having me! I really enjoyed that day and I’m sure my c0-mommy bloggers enjoyed it as well. Belated Happy Mother’s Day everyone!