These Tanduay Rum-Infused Desserts Are Perfect For Summer
In a tropical country like the Philippines, where the weather can get really warm and balmy, having a cold drink or sweet dish is a welcome treat during summer. In fact, the country offers a variety of summer desserts, with each region having its own specialty.
If you want to try something new, Tanduay, the World’s Number 1 Rum, has come up with its own desserts, which are made even more flavorful with an infusion of its world-class rum. Enjoy them on your own or, better yet, invite the whole barkada and serve them these easy-to-make desserts.
Tanduay Choco Banana Rum Ice Cream
6 pcs frozen bananas (sliced)
1 cup of milk
½ cup of condensed milk
40-50ml Tanduay Rhum
- Slice the frozen bananas, then put them in a blender.
- Gradually add one cup of milk while blending.
- Add the cocoa powder, followed by a half cup of condensed milk.
- Add 40-50ml of Tanduay Rhum next.
- Blend until fully mixed.
- Pour the mixture in a container and let it cool in the fridge.
- Once it has achieved the consistency of ice cream, serve it in a bowl or cup.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top for added flavor and presentation.
Tanduay Rum Brittle
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of corn syrup
1 tbsp of butter
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
15ml of Tanduay Rhum
1 tsp of baking soda
- Put the sugar in a pan over low to medium heat.
- Add one cup of corn syrup.
- Mix until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter next.
- Add the cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Add the Cayenne pepper.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Add the nuts and mix everything again.
- Pour 15ml of Tanduay Rhum into the mixture.
- Then add 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- Mix everything until it become foamy.
- Pour the foamy mixture onto parchment paper.
- Set aside until it hardens.
- Break it apart and start enjoying it and serving it to friends.
Tanduay Banana Rum Foster
1 tbsp Butter
½ cup Brown Sugar
3 pcs Bananas (sliced in half)
30ml Tanduay Rhum
Pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the brown sugar and mix until the sugar is melted.
- Add the banana slices.
- Flip the banana slices to make sure that they are evenly cooked.
- Add 30ml of Tanduay Rhum and flambe (fire it up to add a richer flavor to the dish). Don’t blow out the fire.
- Remove the banana slices from the pan.
- Add salt into the mixture and let it caramelize.
- Put the banana slices in a serving dish and pour the caramelized mixture on top. Serve and enjoy!
For more recipes using Tanduay’s world-class rum and updates on its latest promotions and activities, follow the brand’s official social media accounts