Are deep fried foods unhealthy? For food lovers, do you ever thought if the food you take is healthy especially the fried ones? Such as fried chicken, French fries, fishball, etc., well if you use the right type of cooking oil, it doesn’t have to be unhealthy.
Cooking oil is a basic and essential ingredient in every kitchen. Anyone can pour some oil into a pan and cook. But choosing the right cooking oil is kinda hard. If you went to a supermarket, you will easily find bottles after bottles of oils from different brands and different kinds of oil.
My favorite fried foods such as the fried chicken and pork chop; we usually cooked it deep fried to bring out its crispiness. But what cooking oil is good to use for frying? There are different cooking oils you can find available in the market, for us, we use Palm Oil. What is Palm oil? Palm oil is usually used for frying. It is also an excellent source of good fats when added to the diet in moderation. Palm oil is extracted from palm kernel so it’s cholesterol-free.
One brand that offers palm oil is the Jolly Claro – Palm Oil. Jolly Claro Palm Oil is made from 100% pure palm olein. It undergoes a 5-step unique process (3X refined and 2X filtered). That is why it is clearer and does not get rancid easily. And also it still smells good even after several uses.
What I like with Jolly Claro Palm Oil:
- Oilinis – it has clear appearance and clean smell than other brands.
- Oilinamnam – it does not affect food taste.
- Oilinaw – does not solidify easily.
Other amazing benefits of Palm Oil:
- Heart Health – Palm oil has been credited with providing protection against heart disease.
- Palm Oil comes from the flesh of the fruit of the oil palm. In its virgin form, the color is orange – red because of its high beta carotene content.
- Omega 3’s – Palm oil contains a small amount of omega 3 fatty acids that aid in slowing down the loss of cognitive function in patients suffering with Alzheimer’s.
- It has a high content of Vitamin A and Antioxidants.
It may seem easier to just reach for a bottle of cooking oil and call it a day, but if you take the time to learn which oils are best for your cooking, you’ll be building a solid foundation for quality cooking and a healthier one.